Manual Oligonucleotide Synthesis Using the Phosphoramidite Method
- H. A. White
- … show all 1 hide
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Oligodeoxyribonucleotides may be synthesized on a solid support, which allows for the elongation of the chain without intermediate purifications. The exocyclic amino groups on cytosine and the purines are protected as the alkali-labile benzoyl or iso-butyryl amides. The 3′-OH group of the first nucleoside is attached to the solid support by a spacer chain, and the synthesis procedes by coupling the 5′-OH group of the growing chain to the 3′-phosphorus of the monomer being added, which has its 5′-OH group protected by an acid-labile group. The phosphorus must also be protected to avoid side reactions. When the synthesis is completed, the chain must be cleaved from the support and the base, phosphorus, and terminal 5′-OH-protecting groups removed. The desired oligonucleotide is then separated from the mixture of shorter chains and modified chains (1).
- Gait, M. J. (1984) An Introduction to Modern Methods of DNA Synthesis, in Oligonucleotide Synthesis—A Practical Approach (Gait, M. J., ed.) IRL, Oxford and Washington.
- Atkinson, T. and Smith, M. (1984) Solid-Phase Synthesis of Oligodeoxyribonucleotidesby the Phosphite-Triester Method, in Oligonucleotide Synthesis—A practical Approach (Gait, M. J., ed.) IRL, Oxford.
- Sinha, N. D., Biernat, J., McManus, J., and Koster, H. (1984) Polymer support oligonucleotide synthesis. XVIII. Use of (β-cyanoethyl-N,N-dialkylairrino-/N-morpholino phosphoramidite of deoxynucleosides for the synthesis of DNA fragments simplifying deprotection and isolation of the final product. Nucleic Acids Res. 12, 4539–4557. CrossRef
- Jones, R. A. (1984) Preparation of Protected Deoxyribonucleosides, in Oligonucleotice Synthesis—A Practical Approach (Gait, M. J. ed.) IRL, Oxford.
- Cruachem Ltd. (1986) Cyanoethylphosphoramidites. Cruachem Highlights, May 1986.
- Jiricny, J. and Jones, M. B. (1984) The use of complementary 5′ protecting groups, in the synthesis of mixed oligodeoxyribonucleotide sequences.
- Gait, M. J., Matthes, H. W. D., Singh, M., Sproat, B. S., and Titmas, R. C. (1982) Synthesis of Oligodeoxyribonucleotides by a Continuous Flow, Phosphotriester Method on a Kieselguhr/Polyamide Support, in Chemical and Enzymatic Synthesis of Gene Fragments (Gassen, H. G. and Lang, A., eds.) Verlag Chemie, Basel.
- Gaastra, W. and Josephsen, J. (1984) Radiolabeling of DNA Using Polynucleotide Kinase, in Methods in Molecular Biology Vol. 2. Nucleic Acids (Walker, J. M., ed.) Humana, Clifton.
- McLaughlin, L. W. and Piel, N. (1984) Chromatographic Purification of Synthetic Oligonucleotides, in Oligonucleotide Synthesis — A Practical Approach (Gait, M. J., ed.) IRL, Oxford.
- Manual Oligonucleotide Synthesis Using the Phosphoramidite Method
- Book Title
- New Nucleic Acid Techniques
- pp 193-213
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.