Protein Identification and Analysis Tools on the ExPASy Server
- Elisabeth GasteigerAffiliated withSwiss Institute of Bioinformatics
- , Christine HooglandAffiliated withSwiss Institute of Bioinformatics
- , Alexandre GattikerAffiliated withSwiss Institute of Bioinformatics
- , S'everine DuvaudAffiliated withSwiss Institute of Bioinformatics
- , Marc R. WilkinsAffiliated withProteome Systems Ltd.
- , Ron D. AppelAffiliated withSwiss Institute of Bioinformatics, University and Geneva University Hospital
- , Amos BairochAffiliated withSwiss Institute of Bioinformatics
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
To utilize the extensive annotation available in the Swiss-Prot database (1) wherever possible, in particular the position-specific annotation in the Swiss-Prot feature tables to take into account posttranslational modifications and protein processing.
To develop tools specifically, but not exclusively, applicable to proteins prepared by twodimensional gel electrophoresis and peptide mass fingerprinting experiments.
To make all tools available on the World-Wide Web (WWW), and freely usable by the scientific community.
- Protein Identification and Analysis Tools on the ExPASy Server
- Book Title
- The Proteomics Protocols Handbook
- pp 571-607
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press Inc., Totowa, NJ
- Additional Links
- John M. Walker (1)
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. University of Hertfordshire
- Author Affiliations
- 2. Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Geneva, Switzerland
- 3. Proteome Systems Ltd., Sydney, Australia
- 4. Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, University and Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
- 5. Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Geneva, Switzerland
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.