Laser-Capture Microdissection for Factor VIII-Expressing Endothelial Cells in Cancer Tissues
Purchase on Springer.com
$49.95 / €39.95 / £34.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The immunostaining based Laser-capture microdissection (LCM) method called immune-LCM allows us to quantify the mRNA. Immune-LCM has recently been introduced to enhance identification of cells carrying a particular protein from frozen tissue samples. We have recently performed the immune-LCM of formaldehyde-fixated, paraffin-embedded tissues immunostained with a monoclonal antibody Factor VIII. This method could be useful for quantitative gene expression analysis in blood vessels from tumors of patients that have been treated with antiangiogenic drugs, allowing for validation of the effect of drug on the expected targets. Such capability might be exceedingly useful for the evaluation of the bioactivity of new drugs. This method is also useful to compare gene expression patterns in tumor cells versus endothelial cells during tumor progression or tumor angiogenesis.
- Emmert-Buck MR, Bonner RF, Smith PD, Chuaqui RF, Zhuang Z, Goldstein SR, Weiss RA, Liotta LA. (1996) Laser capture microdissection. Science 274, 998–1001.
- Fend F, Emmert-Buck MR, Chuaqui R, Cole K, Lee J, Liotta LA, Raffeld M. (1999) Immuno-LCM: laser capture microdissection of immunostained frozen sections for mRNA analysis. Am J Pathol 154, 61–66.
- Stoebner PE, Le Gallic L, Berthe ML, Boulle N, Lallemant B, Marque M, Gaspard C, Delfour C, Lavabre-Bertrand T, Martinez J, Meunier L. (2008) Decreased expression of thymidine phosphorylase/platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor in basal cell carcinomas. Exp Dermatol 17, 908-915.
- Kaneko T, Zhang Z, Mantellini MG, Karl E, Zeitlin B, Verhaegen M, Soengas MS, Lingen M, Strieter RM, Nunez G, Nör JE. (2007) Bcl-2 orchestrates a cross-talk between endothelial and tumor cells that promotes tumor growth. Cancer Res 67, 9685–9693.
- Kaneko T, Okiji T, Kaneko R, Suda H, Nör JE. (2009) Gene expression analysis of immunostained endothelial cells isolated from formaldehyde-fixated paraffin embedded tumors using laser capture microdissection--a technical report. Microsc Res Tech 72, 908–912.
- Laser-Capture Microdissection for Factor VIII-Expressing Endothelial Cells in Cancer Tissues
- Book Title
- Laser Capture Microdissection
- Book Subtitle
- Methods and Protocols
- pp 395-403
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Methods and Protocols
- Series ISSN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Laser-capture microdissection
- Endothelial cells
- Gene expression
- FFPE tissues
- Industry Sectors
- Graeme I. Murray (ID1)
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. , Department of Pathology, University of Aberdeen
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Cariology, Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Niigata, Japan
- 2. Applied Molecular Medicine, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Chuo-Ku, Niigata, Japan
- 3. Pulp Biology and Endodontics, Department of Restorative Sciences, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
- 4. Cariology, Restorative Sciences, and Endodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- 5. Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- 6. Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.