Assessment of Antibody Specificity Using Suspension Bead Arrays
Purchase on Springer.com
$49.95 / €39.95 / £34.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
With the increasing collection of affinity reagents, their validation in terms of functionality and binding specificity becomes a challenge. To match this growing need, miniaturized and parallelized platforms have become available to corroborate the applicability for a broad range of binder scaffolds. Among the commonly used systems, planar microarrays have been a platform of choice for a long time but alternative systems are emerging, of which one is based on color-coded beads for the creation of arrays in suspension. The latter systems offer to perform a two-dimensional multiplexing by now analyzing up to 384 samples against up to 500 analytes in a single experiment. While the analyte parameter is flexible in terms of its composition, an extended screening can be facilitated without the need to set up a microarray production facility.
- Nilsson, P., Paavilainen, L., Larsson, K., Odling, J., Sundberg, M., Andersson, A. C., Kampf, C., Persson, A., Al-Khalili Szigyarto, C., Ottosson, J., Bjorling, E., Hober, S., Wernerus, H., Wester, K., Ponten, F., and Uhlen, M. (2005) Towards a human proteome atlas: high-throughput generation of mono-specific antibodies for tissue profiling, Proteomics 5, 4327–4337. CrossRef
- Michaud, G. A., Salcius, M., Zhou, F., Bangham, R., Bonin, J., Guo, H., Snyder, M., Predki, P. F., and Schweitzer, B. I. (2003) Analyzing antibody specificity with whole proteome microarrays, Nat Biotechnol 21, 1509–1512. CrossRef
- Poetz, O., Ostendorp, R., Brocks, B., Schwenk, J. M., Stoll, D., Joos, T. O., and Templin, M. F. (2005) Protein microarrays for antibody profiling: specificity and affinity determination on a chip, Proteomics 5, 2402–2411. CrossRef
- Templin, M. F., Stoll, D., Schwenk, J. M., Potz, O., Kramer, S., and Joos, T. O. (2003) Protein microarrays: promising tools for proteomic research, Proteomics 3, 2155–2166. CrossRef
- Fulton, R. J., McDade, R. L., Smith, P. L., Kienker, L. J., and Kettman, J. R., Jr. (1997) Advanced multiplexed analysis with the FlowMetrix system, Clin Chem 43, 1749–1756.
- Schwenk, J. M., Lindberg, J., Sundberg, M., Uhlen, M., and Nilsson, P. (2007) Determination of Binding Specificities in Highly Multiplexed Bead-based Assays for Antibody Proteomics, Mol Cell Proteomics 6, 125–132.
- Larsson, K., Eriksson, C., Schwenk, J. M., Berglund, L., Wester, K., Uhlen, M., Hober, S., and Wernerus, H. (2009) Characterization of PrEST-based antibodies towards human Cytokeratin-17, J Immunol Methods 342, 20–32. CrossRef
- Assessment of Antibody Specificity Using Suspension Bead Arrays
- Book Title
- Protein Microarrays
- Book Subtitle
- Methods and Protocols
- pp 183-189
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Methods and Protocols
- Series ISSN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Suspension bead array
- Antibody specificity
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.