Molecular Inversion Probe Assay
Purchase on Springer.com
$49.95 / €39.95 / £34.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We have described molecular inversion probe technologies for large-scale genetic analyses. This technique provides a comprehensive and powerful tool for the analysis of genetic variation and enables affordable, large-scale studies that will help uncover the genetic basis of complex disease and explain the individual variation in response to therapeutics. Major applications of the molecular inversion probes (MIP) technologies include targeted genotyping from focused regions to whole-genome studies, and allele quantification of genomic rearrangements. The MIP technology (used in the HapMap project) provides an efficient, scalable, and affordable way to score polymorphisms in case/control populations for genetic studies. The MIP technology provides the highest commercially available multiplexing levels and assay conversion rates for targeted genotyping. This enables more informative, genome-wide studies with either the functional (direct detection) approach or the indirect detection approach.
- Hardenbol, P., Baner, J., Jain, M., et al. (2003) Multiplexed genotyping with sequence-tagged molecular inversion probes. Nat. Biotechnol. 21, 673–678. CrossRef
- Wang, Y., Moorhead, M., Karlin-Neumann, G., et al. (2005) Allele quantification using molecular inversion probes (MIP). Nucleic Acids Res. 33, e183. CrossRef
- Moorhead, M., Hardenbol, P., Siddiqui, F., et al. (2006) Optimal genotype determination in highly multiplexed SNP data. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 14, 207–215. CrossRef
- Hardenbol, P., Yu, F., Belmont, J., Mackenzie, J., et al. (2005) Highly multiplexed molecular inversion probe genotyping: over 10,000 targeted SNPs genotyped in a single tube assay. Genome Res. 15, 269–275. CrossRef
- Ireland, J., Carlton, V.E., Falkowski, M., et al. (2006) Large-scale characterization of public database SNPs causing non-synonymous changes in three ethnic groups. Hum. Genet. 119, 75–83. CrossRef
- Affymetrix® GeneChip® scanner 3000 targeted genotyping system user guide.
- Molecular Inversion Probe Assay
- Book Title
- Comparative Genomics
- Book Part
- pp 315-330
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods In Molecular Biology™
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press
- Additional Links
- Single nucleotide polymorphism
- genetic variation
- whole genome association
- linkage analysis
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.