- Kåre Lehmann Nielsen
- … show all 1 hide
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Combining serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE) with pyrophosphatase-based ultra-high-throughput DNA sequencing provides increased sensitivity and cost-effective gene expression profiling. The combined techniques obviate the formation and cloning of concatemers and the tedious picking and preparation of sequence templates from bacterial clones that are necessary with SAGE alone. Furthermore, multiplexing of samples or replicates of analysis is included in the experimental design.
- Velculescu, V. E., Zhang, L., Vogelstein, B., and Kinzler, K. W. (1995) Serial analysis of gene expression. Science 270, 484–487. CrossRef
- Gowda, M., Jantasuriyarat, C., Dean, R. A., and Wang, G. L. (2004) Robust-LongSAGE (RL-SAGE): a substantially improved LongSAGE method for gene discovery and transcriptome analysis. Plant Physiol. 134, 890–897. CrossRef
- Margulies, M., Egholm, M., Altman. W. E., et al. (2005) Genome sequencing in microfabricated high-density picolitre reactors. Nature 437, 376–380.
- Saha, S. Sparks, A. B., Rago, C., et al. (2002) Using the transcriptome to annotate the genome. Nat. Biotechnol. 20, 508–512. CrossRef
- Book Title
- Serial Analysis of Gene Expression (SAGE)
- Book Subtitle
- Methods and Protocols
- Book Part
- pp 81-93
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods in Molecular Biology™
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press
- Additional Links
- Pyrophosphatase DNA sequencing
- ditag sequencing
- high throughput
- deep sampling.
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.