μParaflo™ Biochip for Nucleic Acid and Protein Analysis
- Qi ZhuAffiliated withDepartment of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Houston
- , Ailing HongAffiliated withAtactic Technologies Inc.
- , Nijing ShengAffiliated withAtactic Technologies Inc.
- , Xiaolin ZhangAffiliated withAtactic Technologies Inc.
- , Anna MatejkoAffiliated withAtactic Technologies Inc.
- , Kyu-Yeon JunAffiliated withDepartment of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Houston
- , Onnop SrivannavitAffiliated withAtactic Technologies Inc.
- , Erdogan GulariAffiliated withDepartment of Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan
- , Xiaolian GaoAffiliated withDepartment of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Houston
- and 1 more
- , Xiaochuan ZhouAffiliated withAtactic Technologies Inc.
- Show less
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We describe in this chapter the use of oligonucleotide or peptide microarrays (arrays) based on microfluidic chips. Specifically, three major applications are presented: (1) microRNA/small RNA detection using a microRNA detection chip, (2) protein binding and function analysis using epitope, kinase substrate, or phosphopeptide chips, and (3) protein-binding analysis using oligonucleotide chips. These diverse categories of customizable arrays are based on the same biochip platform featuring a significant amount of flexibility in the sequence design to suit a wide range of research needs. The protocols of the array applications play a critical role in obtaining high quality and reliable results. Given the comprehensive and complex nature of the array experiments, the details presented in this chapter is intended merely as a useful information source of reference or a starting point for many researchers who are interested in genomeor proteome-scale studies of proteins and nucleic acids and their interactions.
Key WordsAptamer microarray digital photolithography epitope-antibody profiling epitope screening kinase profiling assay microfluidic biochip micro-RNA detection oligoncleotide microarray peptide microarray microfluidics parallel synthesis phosphopeptide-protein binding photogenerated acid picoarray protein-binding
- μParaflo™ Biochip for Nucleic Acid and Protein Analysis
- Book Title
- Book Subtitle
- Volume 2: Applications and Data Analysis
- pp 287-312
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Humana Press
- Copyright Holder
- Humana Press Inc., Totowa, NJ
- Additional Links
- Aptamer microarray
- digital photolithography
- epitope-antibody profiling
- epitope screening
- kinase profiling assay
- microfluidic biochip
- micro-RNA detection
- oligoncleotide microarray
- peptide microarray
- parallel synthesis
- phosphopeptide-protein binding
- photogenerated acid
- Industry Sectors
- Jang B. Rampal (1)
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Author Affiliations
- 2. Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- 3. Atactic Technologies Inc., Houston, TX
- 4. Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.