Journal of Biological Engineering
Biological engineering is an emerging discipline that encompasses engineering theory and practice connected to and derived from the science of biology, just as mechanical engineering and electrical engineering are rooted in physics and chemical engineering in chemistry. Topical areas include, but are not limited to:
- Synthetic biology and cellular design
- Engineering of biomolecular and cellular devices
- Bioproduction and bioproduct engineering
- Ecological and environmental engineering
- Biological engineering education and the biodesign process
Journal of Biological Engineering provides a home for the continuum from biological information science, molecules and cells, product formation, wastes and remediation, and educational advances in curriculum content and pedagogy at the undergraduate and graduate-levels.
Manuscripts should explore commonalities with other fields of application by providing some discussion of the broader context of the work and how it connects to other areas within the field.
- Impact Factor 2.481
- Available 2007 - 2015
- Volumes 9
- Issues 9
- Articles 183
- Open Access 183 Articles
Find a Volume or Issue
- Journal Title
- Journal of Biological Engineering
- Open Access
- Available under Open Access This content is freely available online to anyone, anywhere at any time.
- Volume 1 / 2007 - Volume 9 / 2015
- Online ISSN
- BioMed Central
- Additional Links
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.