Journal of Real-Time Image Processing
Although there are many journals addressing the subject of image processing, the Journal of Real-Time Image Processing (JRTIP) is the only one that is solely dedicated to the real-time aspect of image and video processing.
It is often the case that an image processing algorithm is developed and proven theoretically sound, presumably with a specific application in mind, but its practical applications and the detailed steps, methodology, and trade-off analysis required to achieve its real-time performance are never fully explored. JRTIP is thus intended to bridge the gap between the theory and practice of image and video processing, serving the greater community of researchers, practicing engineers, and industrial professionals who deal with designing, implementing or utilizing real-time image and video processing systems.
The real-time aspect is critical in many real-world devices or products such as mobile phones, digital still/video/cell-phone cameras, portable media players, personal digital assistants, high-definition television, video surveillance systems, industrial visual inspection systems, medical imaging devices, vision-assisted intelligent robots, spectral imaging systems, and many other embedded image or video processing systems.
Topics covered in the journal include:
- Real-time image and video processing algorithms
- Real-time embedded image/video processing systems
- Real-time image and video processing hardware and architecture including FPGA, DSP, GPU, GPP, ASIC, System-on-Chip (SoC), and System-in-a-Package (SiP) implementations
- Real-time software optimizations and related design paradigms for image/video processing
- Real-time hardware/software co-design for image and video processing
- Real-time image and video processing applications including digital, cell-phone, and smart cameras, machine vision, industrial inspection, surveillance and security, image and video compression for transmission and for database storage and retrieval, biomedical imaging, spectral imaging, etc.
The editorial board consist of a dedicated team of experts from academia and industry who have played a major role in promoting the area of real-time image and video processing. The Editors-in-Chief and more than half of the board members have an established track record in this area. They bring several years of experience from their previous involvement with the journal Real-Time Imaging (RTI), which preceded JRTIP publishing real-time image and video processing papers.
Please direct queries to the Editorial Office (see link on right hand side).
Original Research Paper
Original Research Paper
Special Issue Paper
- Journal Title
- Journal of Real-Time Image Processing
- Volume 1 / 2007 - Volume 12 / 2016
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.