An International Mathematics Journal devoted to Theory and Applications of Positivity
The purpose of Positivity is to provide an outlet for high quality original research in all areas of analysis and its applications to other disciplines having a clear and substantive link to the general theme of positivity. Specifically, articles that illustrate applications of positivity to other disciplines - including but not limited to - economics, engineering, life sciences, physics and statistical decision theory are welcome.
The scope of Positivity is to publish original papers in all areas of mathematics and its applications that are influenced by positivity concepts.
This includes the following areas.
- ordered topological vector spaces (including Banach lattices and ordered Banach spaces)
- positive and order bounded operators (including spectral theory, operator equations, ergodic theory, approximation theory and interpolation theory)
- Banach spaces (including their geometry, unconditional and symmetric structures, non-commutative function spaces and asymptotic theory)
- C and other operator algebras (especially non-commutative order theory)
- geometric and probabilistic aspects of functional analysis
- partial differential equations (including maximum principles, diffusion, elliptic and parabolic equations, and subsolutions)
- positive solutions for functional equations
- positive semigroups
- potential theory and harmonic functions
- harmonic analysis
- variational analysis and variational inequalities
- optimization and optimal control
- convex and nonsmooth analysis
- complementarity theory
- maximal element principles
- measure theory (including Boolean algebras and stochastic processes)
- non-standard analysis and Boolean valued models
- Applications of the above fields to other disciplines and areas
1 volume per year, 4 issues per vol.
Format: 15.5 x 23.5 cm
ISSN 1385-1292 (print)
ISSN 1572-9281 (electronic)
AMS Mathematical Citation Quotient (MCQ): 0.49 (2015)
Uğur Kadak (March 2017)
- Journal Title
- Volume 1 / 1997 - Volume 21 / 2017
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer International Publishing
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.