Inflammopharmacology is the official publication of the Gastrointestinal Section of the International Union of Pharmacology (IUPHAR) and the Hungarian Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology Society (HECPS).
Inflammopharmacology publishes papers on all aspects of inflammation and its pharmacological control emphasizing comparisons of (a) different inflammatory states, and (b) the actions, therapeutic efficacy and safety of drugs employed in the treatment of inflammatory conditions. The comparative aspects of the types of inflammatory conditions include gastrointestinal disease (e.g. ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease), parasitic diseases, toxicological manifestations of the effects of drugs and environmental agents, arthritic conditions, and inflammatory effects of injury or aging on skeletal muscle.
The journal has six main interest areas:
- Drug-Disease Interactions - Conditional Pharmacology - i.e. where the condition (disease or stress state) influences the therapeutic response and side (adverse) effects from anti-inflammatory drugs. Mechanisms of drug-disease and drug disease interactions and the role of different stress states
- Rheumatology - particular emphasis on methods of measurement of clinical response effects of new agents, adverse effects from anti-rheumatic drugs
- Gastroenterology - with particular emphasis on animal and human models, mechanisms of mucosal inflammation and ulceration and effects of novel and established anti-ulcer, anti-inflammatory agents, or antiparasitic agents
- Neuro-Inflammation and Pain - model systems, pharmacology of new analgesic agents and mechanisms of neuro-inflammation and pain
- Novel drugs, natural products and nutraceuticals - and their effects on inflammatory processes, especially where there are indications of novel modes action compared with conventional drugs e.g. NSAIDs
- Muscle-immune interactions during inflammation: mechanisms of inflammation and anti-inflammatory actions of therapeutic agents on skeletal muscle under conditions of aging or injury.
Requirements for manuscripts on the pharmacological or inflammatory properties of natural products are described in the editorial Inflammopharmacology Vol. 15, issue 5 or on the journal website: www.springer.com/10787.
- 23 Volumes
- 102 Issues
- 911 Articles
- 7 Open Access
- 1991 - 2015 Available between
- Journal Title
- Volume 1 / 1991 - Volume 23 / 2015
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Basel
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.