EcoHealth aims to advance research, practice, and knowledge integration at the interface of ecology and health by publishing high quality research and review articles that address and profile new ideas, developments, and programs. The journal’s scope encompasses research that integrates concepts and theory from many fields of scholarship (including ecological, social and health sciences, and the humanities) and draws upon multiple types of knowledge, including those of relevance to practice and policy. Papers address integrated ecology and health challenges arising in public health, human and veterinary medicine, conservation and ecosystem management, rural and urban development and planning, and other fields that address the social-ecological context of health. The journal is a central platform for fulfilling the mission of the International Association for Ecology & Health to strive for sustainable health of people, domestic animals, wildlife, and ecosystems by promoting discovery, understanding, and transdisciplinarity.
The journal invites substantial contributions in the following areas:
One Health and Conservation Medicine
- Integrated research on health of humans, wildlife, livestock and ecosystems
- Research and policy in ecology, public health, and agricultural sustainability
- Emerging infectious diseases affecting people, wildlife, domestic animals, and plants
- Research and practice linking human and animal health and/or social-ecological systems
- Anthropogenic environmental change and drivers of disease emergence in humans, wildlife, livestock and ecosystems
- Health of humans and animals in relation to terrestrial, freshwater, and marine ecosystems
Ecosystem Approaches to Health
- Systems thinking and social-ecological systems in relation to health
- Transdisciplinary approaches to health, ecosystems and society
- Multi-stakeholder problem solving and Governance arrangements
11 Volumes 46 Issues 787 Articles available from 2004 - 2014Browse Volumes & Issues
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.