A Quarterly Journal of Operations Research
4OR - A Quarterly Journal of Operations Research is jointly published by the Belgian, French and Italian Operations Research Societies. It publishes high quality scientific papers on the theory and applications of Operations Research. It is distributed to all individual members of the participating societies. The journal consists of several sections:
- "Invited Survey" section. This section is limited to one paper per issue, and consists of "state-of-the-art surveys" written by prominent researchers.
- "Research Papers" section. This section is the core of the journal. Its aim is to publish high quality scientific papers within a short period of time, allowing OR researchers to communicate innovative results in a fast and efficient way. The emphasis on scientific rigor and on innovation implies, in particular, that the journal does not publish articles that simply propose disguised variants of known methods without adequate validation (e.g., metaheuristics that are claimed to be “effective” on the sole basis of metaphorical comparisons with natural or artificial systems and processes). New methods must be presented in metaphor-free language by establishing their relationship with classical paradigms. Their properties must be established on the basis of scientifically compelling arguments: mathematical proofs, controlled experiments, objective comparisons, etc.
The emphasis on short turnaround implies that “minor revisions” must be resubmitted within a short period of time and that "major revisions" are treated as rejections.
- "Industry" section. This section offers a means of communication between OR practitioners and academics. Papers published in this section can consist of case studies, state-of-art papers on the use of OR techniques in industry, or open industrial problems.
- Educational papers. Papers in this section give a new look and/or comments on existing knowledge, aimed at improving the quality of OR teaching, while also being accessible and interesting to a wider audience. Potential contributors should contact one of the Editors-in-chief before preparing a paper.
- A PhD section publishes selected 2-page abstracts of recent PhD theses. Abstracts must follow strict style guidelines, see http://4or.be/PhD.pdf.
Officially cited as: 4OR-Q J Oper Res
Daniel Palhazi Cuervo (June 2016)
- Impact Factor 1.000
- Available 2003 - 2016
- Volumes 14
- Issues 54
- Articles 402
- Open Access 4 Articles
Find a Volume or Issue
- Journal Title
- Volume 1 / 2003 - Volume 14 / 2016
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.