Is the null-graph a pointless concept?
- Frank HararyAffiliated withUniversity of MichiganOxford University
- , Ronald C. ReadAffiliated withUniversity of Waterloo
The graph with no points and no lines is discussed critically. Arguments for and against its official admittance as a graph are presented. This is accompanied by an extensive survey of the literature. Paradoxical properties of the null-graph are noted. No conclusion is reached.
- Is the null-graph a pointless concept?
- Book Title
- Graphs and Combinatorics
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the Capital Conference on Graph Theory and Combinatorics at the George Washington University June 18–22, 1973
- pp 37-44
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Mathematics
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.