Parallelization of the CVODE ordinary differential equation solver with applications to rolling bearing simulation
We discuss how to solve ordinary differential equations on parallel computers, with application to dynamic rolling bearing simulation. We show how to parallelize both the solver and the model, in order to get a scalable application. The obtained results show that, within the original CVODE solver, LU factorization and the forward/backward elimination of the Newton matrix, for the rolling bearing application can be done in almost constant time, independent of the problem size.
- Gene H. Golub and Charles F. Van Loan: Matrix Computations, Second Edition 1989. Johns Hopkins
- P. N. Brown, G. D. Byrne, A. C. Hindmarsh: VODE: A Variable-Coefficient ODE Solver. SIAM J. Sci. Stat. Comput. Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 1038–1051, 1989.
- Scott D. Cohen and Alan C. Hindmarsh: CVODE User Guide Netlib.
- Ola Wall: Parallel Numerical Solution of Ordinary Differential Equations with Bordered Block Diagonal Structure in Roller Bearing Dynamics. Master thesis, Dept. of Comp. Sci., Lund University, Lund, Sweden, 1994.
- E. Hairer, G. Wanner: Solving Ordinary Differential Equations II: Stiff and Differential-Algebraic Problems. Springer-Verlag, 1991. ISBN 3-540-53775-9.
- E. Hairer, S. P. NØsett G. Wanner: Solving Ordinary Differential Equations I: Nonstiff Problems. Springer-Verlag, 1993. ISBN 3-540-56670-8.
- P. Nordling, P. Fritzson Solving Ordinary Differential Equations on Parallel Computers — applied to Dynamic Rolling Bearings Simulation. Proc. Parallel Scientific Computing. LNCS 879 Springer-Verlag.
- Parallelization of the CVODE ordinary differential equation solver with applications to rolling bearing simulation
- Book Title
- High-Performance Computing and Networking
- Book Subtitle
- International Conference and Exhibition Milan, Italy, May 3–5, 1995 Proceedings
- pp 892-897
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.