Entrapment in LentiKats®
- Peter WittlichAffiliated withgeniaLab® BioTechnologie — Produkte und Dienstleistungen GmbH
- , Emine CapanAffiliated withFederal Agricultural Research Centre (FAL), Institute of Technology and Biosystems Engineering
- , Marc SchliekerAffiliated withFederal Agricultural Research Centre (FAL), Institute of Technology and Biosystems Engineering
- , Klaus-Dieter VorlopAffiliated withFederal Agricultural Research Centre (FAL), Institute of Technology and Biosystems Engineering
- , Ulrich JahnzAffiliated withgeniaLab® BioTechnologie — Produkte und Dienstleistungen GmbH
In this paper LentiKats® are presented as an efficient and powerful alternative to traditional and established encapsulation carriers.
The introduction describes LentiKats® regarding appearance, properties and preparation. They are generally compared to other types of immobilised biocatalysts and potential advantages for application in bioconversion processes are depicted. Afterwards a number of examples for successful application of LentiKats® for various valorisation processes and also elimination processes are presented, including encapsulation of enzymes, bacteria, fungi, and yeasts.
- Entrapment in LentiKats®
- Book Title
- Fundamentals of Cell Immobilisation Biotechnology
- Book Part
- Part 1
- pp 53-63
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Focus on Biotechnology
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 5. University of Belgrade
- 6. Free University of Brussels
- Author Affiliations
- 7. geniaLab® BioTechnologie — Produkte und Dienstleistungen GmbH, Bundesallee 50, 38116, Braunschweig, Germany
- 8. Federal Agricultural Research Centre (FAL), Institute of Technology and Biosystems Engineering, Braunschweig, Germany
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.