Applications of Fuzzy-Rough Classifications to Logics
- Akira Nakamura
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
From a point of view of handling imperfect knowledge like uncertainty, vagueness, imprecision, etc., a concept of fuzzy-rough classifications is introduced. This is a notion defined as a kind of modification of the rough classifications. Two logics based on the fuzzy-rough classifications are proposed, and various properties are examined as compared with the indiscernibility relations. Also, decision procedures for the proposed logics are given in the tableau style which is useful in automated reasoning.
- D. Dubois and H. Prade: Rough fuzzy sets and fuzzy rough sets, Proc. of Internat. Conf. Fuzzy Sets in Informatics, Moscow, ( Sept. 1988 ), 20–23.
- L. Farinas del Cerro and H. Prade: Rough sets, twofold fuzzy sets and modal logics. Fuzziness in indiscemibility and partial information, in: A.Di Nola and A.G. Ventre (ed.), The Math. of Fuzzy Systems, Verlag TÜV Rheinland, Köln, (1986), 103–120.
- L. Farinas del Cerro and Andreas Herzig: A modal analysis of possibility theory, Lecture Notes in Computer Science,(Symbolic and Quantitative Approaches to Uncertainty), 548, 58–62.
- G. Gargov: Two completeness theorems in the logic for data analysis ICS PAS Reports 581 Polish Academy of Sciences(1986)
- G.E. Hughes and M. Cresswell: An introduction to modal logic, Methuen, London, 1968
- M. Krynicki and H-P. Tuschik: An axiomatization of the logic with the rough quantifier J. of Symbolic Logic56, (1991), 608–617
- A. Nakamura and J-M. Gao: A logic for fuzzy data analysis, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 39, (1991), 127–132. CrossRef
- A. Nakamura: Topological soft algebra for the S5-modal fuzzy logic Proc. of the 21st ISMVL May 26–29 1991 Victoria80–84
- A. Nakamura: A logic of imprecise monadic predicates and its relation to the S5-modal fuzzy logic, Lecture Notes in Computer Science,(Symbolic and Quantitative Approaches to Uncertainty), 548, 254–261.
- E. Orlowska: Logic of indiscemibility relation Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences Mathematics(1985), 475–485
- Z. Pawlak: Rough sets International J. of Information and Computer Sciences 11(1982), 345–356
- Z. Pawlak: Rough Sets, Theoretical Aspects of Reasoning about Data, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1991.
- L.A. Zadeh: Fuzzy sets, Information and Control, 8, (1965), 338–353 CrossRef
- L.A. Zadeh: Similarity relations and fuzzy orderings, Information Sciences, 3, (1971), 177–200. CrossRef
- Applications of Fuzzy-Rough Classifications to Logics
- Book Title
- Intelligent Decision Support
- Book Subtitle
- Handbook of Applications and Advances of the Rough Sets Theory
- Book Part
- Part II
- pp 233-250
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Theory and Decision Library
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Series D: System Theory, Knowledge Engineering and Problem Solving
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.