Hydrolysis of N — Benzoyl — L — Tyrosine Ethyl Ester Anchored in CD by α-Chymotrypsin and Subtilisin
N-Benzoyl-L-tyrosine ethyl ester (BTEE), a water insoluble substrate, was rendered soluble upon complexation with β-cyclodextrin (or its methyl derivative) and but not with γ-CD. Kinetics of the hydrolysis of such CD anchored BTEE by subtilisin Carlsberg showed a 2 to 4 fold increase in both kcat and Km values, over the methanol solubilised substrate. Whereas, α-chymotrypsin hydrolyzed the CD anchored BTEE with only a marginally higher reaction rate than the methanol solubilised BTEE.
- Hydrolysis of N — Benzoyl — L — Tyrosine Ethyl Ester Anchored in CD by α-Chymotrypsin and Subtilisin
- Book Title
- Proceedings of the Eighth International Symposium on Cyclodextrins
- Book Subtitle
- Budapest, Hungary, March 31–April 2, 1996
- Book Part
- Chapter 2
- pp 281-284
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Cyclolab, Cyclodextrin Research and Development Laboratory Ltd.
- Author Affiliations
- 2. Division of Biological Sciences, Vittal Mallya Scientific Research Foundation, P. B. # 406, K. R. Road, Bangalore, 560 004, India
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.