Large-Scale Field Trials on Dense Vapour Dispersion
- J. McQuaidAffiliated withSafety Engineering Laboratory, Health and Safety Executive
- , B. RoebuckAffiliated withSafety Engineering Laboratory, Health and Safety Executive
- , D. G. WildeAffiliated withSafety Engineering Laboratory, Health and Safety Executive
During 1982/83, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) organised a series of large-scale experiments on the dispersion of heavy gas clouds. The experiments were funded on a cooperative basis by 39 organisations from 10 countries including the CEC. The field trials were carried out under contract by the National Maritime Institute (now NMI Ltd) at Thorney Island on the south coast of England. This paper describes the purpose of the experiments, their design and the results achieved.
- Large-Scale Field Trials on Dense Vapour Dispersion
- Book Title
- Safety of Thermal Water Reactors
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of a Seminar on the Results of the European Communities’ Indirect Action Research Programme on Safety of Thermal Water Reactors, Held in Brussels, 1–3 October 1984
- pp 179-189
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Directorate-General Science, Research and Development, Commission of the European Communities
- Author Affiliations
- 2. Safety Engineering Laboratory, Health and Safety Executive, Broad Lane, Sheffield, S3 7HQ, UK
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.