Integrated LCA for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Country
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Fast growing mega cities in developing Asian countries are faced with problem of municipal solid waste management (MSWM) due to land scarcity, rapid urbanization and population growth. To determine the most sustainable strategy to solve the problem, Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) has been commonly used. This study developed localized weightning approach for integrated LCA by taking Jakarta as a case study. The result of this study hopefully could be reflected and adapted in other highly populated cities in developing Asian countries as a sustainable approach in solving MSWM problem.
- Integrated LCA for Municipal Solid Waste Management in Developing Country
- Book Title
- Design for Innovative Value Towards a Sustainable Society
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of EcoDesign 2011: 7th International Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing
- pp 1100-1105
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Integrated MSWM
- Solid Waste Management
- Environmental Load Point
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Center for Service Research, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- 2. Department of Mechanical Engineering Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
- 3. Advanced Manufacturing Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- 4. Department of Mechanical Engineering Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Graduate School of Environment and Energy Engineering, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.