Extruded and Calendered Bonded Magnets — An Overview
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Bonded magnets are a major growth area in permanent magnets. In 1999 the global bonded magnet production amounted to $875M, rising to S1092M in 2001. In 2001 bonded ferrite (which includes both flexible and rigid ferrite) accounted for $655M with the balance being bonded rare earth. The flexible ferrite production was $215M in 1999 increasing to $368M in 2001. Its global production in 1999 was 100,000 Tons increasing to ~ 115,000 Tons in 2001 [1,2,3].
- Brown, A. Overview of bonded ferrite, (April 2002), Intertech Polymer Bonded Magnets 2002 Conference in Chicago.
- Harada, H. Market and New Products of Bonded Magnets in Japan, (April 2002), Intertech Polymer Bonded Magnets 2002 Conference in Chicago.
- Ormerod, J. Reports of the Death of Bonded Ferrite have been Greatly Exaggerated, (May 2001), Gorham NdFeB Magnets and NdFeB Magnet Systems 2001 Conference in Atlanta.
- Tyler, C. Up Periscope! A Look at Where the Flexible Bonded Magnet is and Where it is Going, (April 1996), Gorham/Intertech Polymer Bonded Magnets 1996 Conference in Atlanta.
- Long, H. (1985) Engineering Properties of Elastomers and Introduction to Rubber Compounding, in H. Long (ed),Rubber Compounding and Processing of Rubber, Rubber Division, American Chemical Society, Ohio, pp 1-39.
- Bhattacharjee, S., Bhowmick, A.K., Avasthi, B.N. (1993) Properties and Degradation of Nitrile Rubber, in N.P. Cheremisinoff (ed)Elastomer Technology Handbook CRC Press, Boca Raton, pp 519-556.
- Baseden, G.A. (1995) Neoprene and Hypalon, Part 11 in M. Morton (ed), Rubber Technology, Chapman and Hall, New York, pp 360-374.
- Baseden, G.A. (1990) Chlorosulfonated Polyethylene, in R.F. Ohm (ed), The Vanderbilt Rubber Handbook, R.T. Vanderbilt Co. Inc., Norwalk, pp 183-194.
- Chapter 12. (1981) Extrusion Products and Processes in Levy, S. and Carley, J.F. (ed) Plastic Extrusion Technology, Industrial Press Inc., New York, pp 274-300.
- Kane Magnetics International Product Literature from www.kanemagnetics.com.
- Anchor Magnets Product Literature from www.anchormagnets.com.
- This Material has High Magnetic Induction (Jan. 31, 2001), from www.manufacturingtalk.com.
- Iriyama, T. Anisotropic Bonded NdFeB Magnets Made From Hot Upset Powders, (April 2002), Intertech Polymer Bonded Magnets 2002 Conference in Chicago.
- Ohmori, K. New Era of Bonded SmFeN Magnets, (April 2002), Intertech Polymer Bonded Magnets 2002 Conference in Chicago.
- Shirk, B.T. High Energy Bonded Ferrite Powders - A New Look at an Old Friend, (April 1996), Gorham/Intertech Polymer Bonded Magnets 1996 Conference in Atlanta.
- Extruded and Calendered Bonded Magnets — An Overview
- Book Title
- Bonded Magnets
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Science and Technology of Bonded Magnets Newark, U.S.A. 22–25 August 2002
- pp 45-54
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- NATO Science Series
- Series Volume
- Series Subtitle
- Series II: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.