The Determination of the Exact Surfaces of the Spur Wheels Flank with the Unique Rack-Bar
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Rolling tooth processing system, which is the most used procedure, is based on the principle that the surfaces in meshing are reciprocal winding surfaces in a gearing meshing, besides the two active surfaces there are also two surfaces which are reciprocally winded. The paper presents the manner in which the imaginary rack-bar is determined in the case of the spur curved gearing and the study of the relative velocities. The mathematical modelling of the processing procedure of the curved spur wheels imposed the determination of theoretical surfaces of the unique generating rack-bar teeth flanks.
- Andrei, L., Andrei, G., Epureanu, A., Oancea, N. and Walton, D., Numerical simulation and generation of curved face width gears, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 42(1):1–6, January 2002. CrossRef
- Bojan, S., et al., The study of the relative velocities to the meshing of the spur wheels having cuved directrix with the imaginary unique rack-bar. In Proc. MET’04, Varna, Bulgaria, 23–25 September, pp. 200–203, Volume 5, 2004.
- Chen, C-K., Chiou, S-T., Fong, S-T., et al., Mathematical model of curvature analysis for conjugate surfaces with generalized motion in three dimensions, Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 215(4):467–502, 2001.
- Danieli, G.A. and Mundo, D., New developments in variable radius gears using constant pressure angle teeth, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 40(2):203–217, February 2005. CrossRef
- Kang, J., Kim, J. and Kang, B.S., Numerical analysis and design of pinion with inner helical gear by FEM G, Virtual and Physical Prototyping, 2(3):181–187, 2007. CrossRef
- Lixin, C., Hu, G. and Jian, L., Contact of surfaces and contact characteristics of offset surfaces, Frontiers of Mechanical Engineering in China, 3(3):318–324, 2008. CrossRef
- Shen-Wang, L., Cheng-Shun, H., Jiu-Bin, T. and Shen, D.,Mathematical models for manufacturing a novel gear shaper cutter, Journal ofMechanical Science and Technology, 24:383–390, 2010. CrossRef
- Spitas, V., Costopoulos, T. and Spitas, C., Fast modeling of conjugate gear tooth profiles using discrete presentation by involute segments, Mechanism and Machine Theory Journal, 42(6):751–762, June 2007. CrossRef
- Tsay, C-B. and Tseng, T-J., Undercutting and contact characteristics of cylindrical gears with curvilinear shaped teeth generated by hobbing, Journal of Mechanical Design, 128(3):634–643, May 2006. CrossRef
- Vogel, O., Griewank, A. and Bär, G., Direct gear tooth contact analysis for hypoid bevel gears, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 191(36):3965–3982, 2002. CrossRef
- The Determination of the Exact Surfaces of the Spur Wheels Flank with the Unique Rack-Bar
- Book Title
- New Trends in Mechanism Science
- Book Subtitle
- Analysis and Design
- pp 657-664
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Mechanisms and Machine Science
- Series Volume
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- unique rack-bar
- spur gear
- head holder
- curved toothing
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
- ID2. Dipto. Meccanica, Strutture,, Ambiente e Territorio (DiMSAT), Università Cassino
- ID3. Inst. Technische Mathematik,, Geometrie und Bauinformatik, Universität Innsbruck
- ID4. FB 4 Inst. f. Getriebetechnik u., Maschinendynamik, RWTH Aachen
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Machine Elements and Tribology Department, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, 400114, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.