Bifurcation Analysis of Shallow Spherical Shells with Meridionally Nonuniform Loading
Numerical solutions of the relevant boundary value problem suggest that the first bifurcation from the basic solution for a spherical cap under a class of meridionally nonuniform loading is to a dimple state. Delicate asymptotic analysis of the linearized buckling problem confirm this observation.
- Bifurcation Analysis of Shallow Spherical Shells with Meridionally Nonuniform Loading
- Book Title
- Complementarity, Duality and Symmetry in Nonlinear Mechanics
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the IUTAM Symposium
- pp 149-165
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Advances in Mechanics and Mathematics
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.