Integrating Anticipatory Competence into a Bayesian Driver Model
- Claus MöbusAffiliated withLearning and Cognitive Systems/Transportation Systems, C.v.O University/OFFIS Email author
- , Mark EilersAffiliated withLearning and Cognitive Systems/Transportation Systems, C.v.O University/OFFIS
We present a probabilistic model architecture combining a layered model of human driver expertise with a cognitive map and beliefs about the driver-vehicle state to describe the effect of anticipations on driver actions.
It implements the sensory-motor system of human drivers with autonomous, goal-based attention allocation, and anticipation processes. The model has emergent properties and combines reactive with prospective behavior based on anticipated or imagined percepts obtained from a Bayesian cognitive map.
It has the ability to predict agent’s behavior, to abduct hazardous situations (what could have been the initial situation), to generate anticipatory plans, and control countermeasures preventing hazardous situations.
We demonstrated that the Bayesian-Map-extended BAD-MoB model has the ability to predict agent’s behavior, to abduct hazardous situations (what could have been the initial situation, what could be appropriate behavior), to generate anticipatory plans, and control countermeasures preventing hazardous situations. It was demonstrated that the selection of action and goal evidence has to be planned by a higher cognitive layer residing on top of the BAD-MoB model. An implementation with real expert and novice data has to follow this conceptual study.
KeywordsAnticipatory planning Bayesian cognitive map Probabilistic driver model Bayesian autonomous driver model Mixture-of-behavior model Visual attention allocation Anticipatory plans and control Reactive and prospective behavior Risk and hazardous prevention
- Integrating Anticipatory Competence into a Bayesian Driver Model
- Book Title
- Human Modelling in Assisted Transportation
- Book Subtitle
- Models, Tools and Risk Methods
- pp 225-232
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Milan
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Italia Srl
- Additional Links
- Anticipatory planning
- Bayesian cognitive map
- Probabilistic driver model
- Bayesian autonomous driver model
- Mixture-of-behavior model
- Visual attention allocation
- Anticipatory plans and control
- Reactive and prospective behavior
- Risk and hazardous prevention
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. European Commission, Inst. for Protection & Security of Citz.
- ID2. VTI
- ID3. Leiter Technologiecluster
- ID4. Kite Solutions
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Learning and Cognitive Systems/Transportation Systems, C.v.O University/OFFIS, Oldenburg, Germany
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.