Cyclic Thermal Loading in Viscoelastic Pressure Vessels
- J. Hult
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Spherical and cylindrical vessels are considered, subjected to the simultaneous action of constant internal pressure, constant external temperature, and constant internal temperature with a superimposed cyclic temperature fluctuation. The vessel material is nonlinearly thermoviscoelastic with temperature dependent creep modulus. The influence of thermal frequency is studied for various cases of interest. A multimembrane analog of the real shell is shown to be useful in examining these effects.
- Sternberg, E.: Transient Thermal Stresses in an Infinite Medium with a Spherical Cavity. Kon. Nederl. Akad. Wetensch. Proc. B. 60 (5), 396–408 (1957).
- Sternberg, E., and R,. Muki: On Transient Thermal Stresses in Viscoelastic Materials with Temperature-Dependent Properties. J. Appl. Mech. 28 (2), 193–207 (1961). CrossRef
- Sternberg, E., and J. G. Chakravorty: Thermal Shock in an Elastic Body with a Spherical Cavity. Quart. Appl. Math. 17 (2), 205–218 (1959).
- Sternberg, E.: On the Analysis of Thermal Stresses in Viscoelastic Solids. Third Symposium on Naval Structural Mechanics 1963, Proc. 348–382, London: Pergamon Press. 1963.
- Carslaw, H. S., and J. C. Jaeger: Conduction of Heat in Solids, 2nd ed. Oxford: University Press. 1959.
- Hult, J.: Primary Creep in Thickwalled Spherical Shells. Trans. Chalmers Univ. of Techn. Goteborg 1962.
- Sonnerup, L.: Temperature Effects in Connection with Primary Creep in a Spherical Pressure Vessel. Conf. Thermal Loading and Creep in Structures and Components, IME Proc. 1963–64,178, part 3L. London 1964.
- Mellgren, S. A.: Measuring Accuracy in Creep Tests. WADC, TR 59–78, part I I, 1959.
- Cyclic Thermal Loading in Viscoelastic Pressure Vessels
- Book Title
- Book Subtitle
- Symposium East Kilbride, June 25–28, 1968
- pp 102-119
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- IUTAM Symposia
- Series Subtitle
- International Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Springer Vienna
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Vienna
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.