Consistent Query Plan Generation in Secure Cooperative Data Access
- Meixing LeAffiliated withCisco Corp.
- , Krishna KantAffiliated withTemple Univ.
- , Sushil JajodiaAffiliated withGeoerge Mason Univ.
In this paper, we consider restricted data sharing between a set of parties that wish to provide some set of online services requiring such data sharing. We assume that each party stores its data in private relational databases, and is given a set of mutually agreed set of authorization rules that may involve joins over relations owned by one or more parties. Although the query planning problem in such an environment is similar to the one for distributed databases, the access restrictions introduce significant additional complexity that we address in this paper. We examine the problem of efficiently enforcing rules and generating query execution plans in this environment. Because of the exponential complexity of optimal query planning, our query planning algorithm is heuristics based but produces excellent, if not optimal, results in most of the practical cases.
KeywordsRule enforcement Consistent query planning Cooperative data access
- Consistent Query Plan Generation in Secure Cooperative Data Access
- Book Title
- Data and Applications Security and Privacy XXVIII
- Book Subtitle
- 28th Annual IFIP WG 11.3 Working Conference, DBSec 2014, Vienna, Austria, July 14-16, 2014. Proceedings
- pp 227-242
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- IFIP International Federation for Information Processing
- Additional Links
- Rule enforcement
- Consistent query planning
- Cooperative data access
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.