BRUSH as a Walkthrough System for Architectural Models
Brush provides an interactive environment for the real-time visualization and inspection of very large mechanical and architectural CAD databases. It supports immersive and non-immersive virtual reality walkthrough applications (for example, when validating or demonstrating to a customer an architectural concept) and detailed design reviews of complex mechanical assemblies such as engines, plants, airplanes, or ships.
Brush achieves interactive response times by selecting from multiple-resolution representations for each object, computed automatically by simplifying the original data. Simplified models reduce the cost of displaying small details that do not significantly affect the image, allowing navigation through models comprising hundreds of thousands of triangles.
A natural gesture-driven interface allows mouse or space-ball control of the camera for intuitive walkthrough in architectural scenes. Simple facilities for editing and sequencing camera positions along with automatic animation of camera trajectories between key-frames enable the construction, demonstration, and archive of pre-programmed walkthrough sequences.
- BRUSH as a Walkthrough System for Architectural Models
- Book Title
- Photorealistic Rendering Techniques
- Book Part
- Part VI
- pp 401-409
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Focus on Computer Graphics
- Series Subtitle
- Tutorials and Perspectives in Computer Graphics
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 2. Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics
- 3. Department of Computer Science, Indiana University
- Author Affiliations
- 4. IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, P.O. Box 704, Yorktown Heights, NY, 10598, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.