Constituents of Amniotic Fluid: Reflections of Normal and Abnormal Fetal Maturation
- Audrey K. Brown
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
In recent years there has been a rebirth of interest in the examination of the constituents of amniotic fluid as a possible means of assessing the condition of the intrauterine patient. Though individual samples of amniotic fluid have been subjected to examination through the centuries, little data had been gathered sequentially during gestation. The rather recent widespread use of amniocentesis, particularly in the Rh sensitized pregnancy, has made amniotic fluid available throughout gestation and has prompted comparative examination of fluid constituents at varying phases of fetal development.
- Andrews, B. F., W. M. Wolfe Jr., J. H. Hoffman, and P. K. Kalayil. Evaluation of amniotic fluid in the Rh sensitized mothers: first report of immunodiffusion studies. Southern Med. J. 59:1482, 1966.
- Behrman, R. E., J. T. Parer, and C. W. deLannoy. Placental growth and the formation of amniotic fluid. Nature 214:678, May 13, 1967. CrossRef
- Betke, K. Bilirubin und Bilirubinausscheidung, in Die Physiologische Entwicklung Des Kindes. Friedrich Linneweh, ed. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1959.
- Bevis, D. C. A. The antenatal prediction of haemolytic disease of the newborn. Lancet 1:395, 1952. CrossRef
- Bonsnes, R. W. Composition of amniotic fluid. Clin. Obstet. Gynec. 9:440, 1966. CrossRef
- Brown, A. K. The significance of amniotic fluid pigment analysis in intrauterine transfusion and erythroblastosis fetalis. Report of the Fifty-third Ross Conference on Pediatric Research, Aspen, Colorado, March, 1966.
- Cassady, G., and J. Caillitau. The amniotic fluid in anencephaly. Ann. J. Obst. & Gynec. 97:395, 1967.
- Cherry, S. H., and R. E. Rosenfield. Intrauterine fetal transfusions for the management of erythroblastosis. Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 98:275, 1967.
- Chez, R. A., F. G. Smith, and D. L. Hutchinson. Renal function in the intrauterine primate fetus. Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 90:128, 1964.
- Elliot, P. M., and W. H. W. Inman. Volume of liquor amnii in normal and abnormal pregnancy. Lancet 2:835, 1961. CrossRef
- Finne, P. H. Erythropoietin levels in the amniotic fluid, particularly in the Rh immunized pregnancy. Acta Paediat. Scand. 53:269, 1964. CrossRef
- Finne, P. H. Antenatal diagnosis of the anemia in erythroblastosis. Acta Paediat. Scand. 55:609, 1966. CrossRef
- Finne, P. H. Erythropoietin levels in cord blood as an indicator of intrauterine hypoxia. Acta Paediat. Scand. 55:478, 1966. CrossRef
- Freda, V. The Rh problem in obstetrics and a new concept of its management using amniocentesis and spectrophotometric scanning of amniotic fluid. Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 92:3, 1965.
- Fuchs, Fritz. Volume of amniotic fluid at various stages of pregnancy. Clin. Obstet. Gynec. 9:449, 1966. CrossRef
- Gilbertsen, A. S., L. Bossenmaier, and R. Cardinal. Enterohepatic circulation of unconjugated bilirubin in man. Nature (London) 196:141, 1962. CrossRef
- Greene, John W., J. L. Duhring, and K. Smith. Placental function tests. Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 92:1030, 1965.
- Hanon, F., M. Coquoin-Carnot, and P. Pignard. Le Liquide Amniotique. Masson et Cie, editors. Paris: Libraires de L’Academie de Medecine, 1955.
- Jeffcoate, T. N. A., and J. S. Scott. Polyhydramnios and oligohydramnios. Canad. Med. Assoc. J. 80:77, 1959.
- Karunairatnam, M. C., L. Kerr, and G. Levvy. The glucuronide synthesizing system in the mouse and its relationship to β-glucuronidase. Biochem. J. 45:496, 1949.
- Lester, R., and R. Schmid. Intestinal absorption of bile pigments. I. Enterhepatic circulation of bilirubin in the rat. J. Clin. Invest. 42:736, 1963. CrossRef
- Liggins, G. C. Current indications for intrauterine transfusion, in Intrauterine Transfusion and Erythroblastosis Fetalis. Report of the Fifty-third Ross Conference on Pediatric Research, Aspen, Colorado, March, 1966.
- Liley, A. W. Liquor amnii analysis in the management of the pregnancy complicated by rhesus sensitization. Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 82:1359, 1961.
- Liley, A. W. Errors in the assessment of hemolytic disease from amniotic fluid. Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 86:485, 1963.
- Mandelbaum, B., G. La Croix, and M. Robinson. Determination of fetal maturity by spectrophotometric analysis of amniotic fluid. Obstet. Gynec. 29:471, 1967.
- McKay, E. V. The management of isoimmunized pregnant women with particular reference to amniocentesis. Aust. J.Z.J. Obstet. Gynec. 1:78, 1961. CrossRef
- Pitkin, R. M., and S. J. Zwirek. Amniotic fluid creatinine. Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 98:1135, 1967.
- Potter, E. L. Bilateral absence of ureters and kidneys. Obstet. Gynec. 25:3, 1965.
- Schenker, S., N. H. Dawber, and R. Schmid. Bilirubin metabolism in the fetus. J. Clin. Invest. 43:32, 1964. CrossRef
- Schreiner, W. E. Fructwasser und Fetus. New York: S. Karger, 1964.
- Seeds, A. E. Water metabolism of the fetus. Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 92:727, 1965.
- Seeds, A. E. et al. Changes in amniotic fluid total solute concentration in Rhesus monkey. Am. J. Obst. & Gynec. 89:476, 1964.
- Vasicka, Alois. Oxygen in the amniotic fluid. Clin. Obstet. Gynec. 9:461, 1966. CrossRef
- Walker, A. H. C. Liquor amnii studies in the prediction of hemolytic disease of the newborn. British Med. J. (ii):375, 1957.
- Ylppö, A. Zschrft. f. Kinderheilk 9:208, 1913, quoted by K. Betke. Bilirubin und Bilirubinausscheidung in Die Physiologische Entwicklung Des Kindes. Friedrich Linneweh, ed. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1959. CrossRef
- Constituents of Amniotic Fluid: Reflections of Normal and Abnormal Fetal Maturation
- Book Title
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Fetal Disorders
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the International Symposium on Diagnosis and Treatment of Disorders Affecting the Intrauterine Patient, Dorado, Puerto Rico, October 29–31, 1967
- pp 121-140
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.