Some Theoretical Issues of Scientific Visualization as a Method of Data Analysis
- Victor PilyuginAffiliated withNational Research Nuclear University "MEPhI"
- , Eugeniya MalikovaAffiliated withNational Research Nuclear University "MEPhI"
- , Valery AdzhievAffiliated withNational Centre for Computer Animation, Bournemouth University
- , Alexander PaskoAffiliated withNational Centre for Computer Animation, Bournemouth University
The paper discusses scientific visualization as a modern computer-based method of scientific data analysis in experimental and theoretical research. A definition of this method and descriptions of some of its characteristics are given as observed by the authors from the generalization of practical experience. An example of the implementation of this method are provided and illustrated on the basis of the HyperFun programming language and its supporting software tools.
KeywordsScientific data analysis scientific visualization spatial scene geometric modeling Function Representation
- Some Theoretical Issues of Scientific Visualization as a Method of Data Analysis
- Book Title
- Transactions on Computational Science XIX
- Book Subtitle
- Special Issue on Computer Graphics
- pp 131-142
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Scientific data analysis
- scientific visualization
- spatial scene
- geometric modeling
- Function Representation
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 16. Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary
- 17. CloudFabriQ Ltd.
- 18. Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Author Affiliations
- 19. National Research Nuclear University "MEPhI", Moscow, Russia
- 20. National Centre for Computer Animation, Bournemouth University, Bournemouth, United Kingdom
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.