Authoritative Linked Data Descriptions of Debian Source Packages Using ADMS.SW
- Olivier BergerAffiliated withTelecom SudParisDebian project
- , Christian BacAffiliated withTelecom SudParis
The Debian Package Tracking System is a Web dashboard for Debian contributors and advanced users. This central tool publishes the status of subsequent releases of source packages in the Debian distribution.
It has been improved to generate RDF meta-data documenting the source packages, their releases and links to other packaging artifacts, using the ADMS.SW 1.0 model. This constitutes an authoritative source of machine-readable Debian “facts” and proposes a reference URI naming scheme for Linked Data resources about Debian packages.
This should enable the interlinking of these Debian package descriptions with other ADMS.SW or DOAP descriptions of FLOSS projects available on the Semantic Web also using Linked Data principles. This will be particularly interesting for traceability with upstream projects whose releases are packaged in Debian, derivative distributions reusing Debian source packages, or with other FLOSS distributions.
KeywordsADMS.SW Debian Linked Data package Semantic Web standard interoperability Open Source Free Software RDF DOAP PTS FLOSS
- Authoritative Linked Data Descriptions of Debian Source Packages Using ADMS.SW
- Book Title
- Open Source Software: Quality Verification
- Book Subtitle
- 9th IFIP WG 2.13 International Conference, OSS 2013, Koper-Capodistria, Slovenia, June 25-28, 2013. Proceedings
- Book Part
- Part I
- pp 168-181
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- IFIP International Federation for Information Processing
- Additional Links
- Linked Data
- Semantic Web
- Open Source
- Free Software
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.