The Study of Calcium Sulfate Decomposition by Experiments Under O2/CO2 Atmosphere
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Sulphur emission and the effect on ash properties and boiler- tube corrosion in oxy-fuel combustion have received increasing attention in the recent years. Early investigation about calcium- based desulphurization in oxy-fuel, addressed the advantage to reduce the SO2 emission. This paper, the decomposition of calcium sulphate was characterized by thermogravimetric analyzer. The results showed that the decomposition inhibited by increasing O2 concentration and SO2 concentration resulted from recycled flue gas. And CO2 concentration had the negative effect, which can be solved by changing O2 concentration through appropriately adjusting recycled flue gas ratio. The kinetics mechanism of calcium sulfate-decomposition in oxy-fuel combustion was further analyzed. Compared with conventional atmosphere, the reaction activation energy was heightened in oxy-fuel conditions, and the difference increased with rising temperature. So it can further confirm the advantage of calcium utilization rate under high temperature in oxy-fuel condition.
- Johansen KDam, Hansen PFB, Stergaard K. High-temperature reaction between sulphur dioxide and limestone–III. A grain-micrograin model and its verification. Chem Eng Sci. 1991;46:847–53. CrossRef
- Mahuli K, Rajeev Agnibotri S. Pore-structure optimization of calcium carbonate for enhanced sulfation. Fuel Energy Abs. 1997;38(4):272–8.
- Hartman M, Martionovsky A. Thermal stability of the magnesian and calcareous compounds for desulfurization progress. Chem Eng Commun. 1992;111:149–60. CrossRef
- Talukdar J, Basu P, Greenblatt H. Reduction of calcium sulfate in a coal-fired circulation fluidized bed furnace. Fuel. 1996;75(9):1115–23. CrossRef
- Hao L, Zailani R, Bernard MG. Comparisons of pulverized coal combustion in air and in mixtures of O2/CO2. Fuel. 2005;84:833–40. CrossRef
- Andersson K, Filip J. Process evaluation of an 865MWe lignite fired O2/CO2 power plant. Energy Convers Manag. 2006;47(18–19):3487–98. CrossRef
- Liuyan: The experimental and theory study of characteristics about desulfurization and NO release under O2/CO2 coal combustion. PhD thesis, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 2004.
- Hu YQ, Kobayashi N, Hasatani M. Effects of coal properties on recycled-NOx reduction in coal combustion with O2/recycled flue gas. Energy Convers Manag. 2003;44:2331–40. CrossRef
- Liu Y, Wei H, Zhou J, Cen K. Analysis of calcium sulfate decomposition by thermodynamics under O2/CO2 atmosphere, ICOPE-07 (International Conference on Power Engineering); 2007. p. 837–42.
- Song SM, Wang ZL, Li WB. Revise:Tianjin University physical chemistry teaching and research section compile, Physical Chemistries (version 3). Beijing: Higher Education Press; 1993. p. 270–4.
- Germany HJ, Bittrich D, Hubble Land G. Yust work, Lu Zhen Wei translate: chemical Dynamics Numerical Mathematics. Beijing: Higher Education Press; 1987. p. 1–60.
- The Study of Calcium Sulfate Decomposition by Experiments Under O2/CO2 Atmosphere
- Book Title
- Cleaner Combustion and Sustainable World
- Book Part
- Part III
- pp 323-329
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg & Tsinghua University Press
- Additional Links
- Calcium Sulfate
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. Institute of Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University
- ID2. Institute of Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University
- Author Affiliations
- 1. The School of Science, HangZhou Dianzi University, HangZhou, 310018, China
- 2. State Key Laboratory of Clean Energy Utilization, HangZhou, 310018, China
- 3. Chemical Engineering, The University of Newcastle, Newcastle, 2308, Australia
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.