Obtención de un Relleno Óseo a Base de Fosfato Tricálcico y Quitosana con Refuerzo de Celulosa
- A. M. LamaAffiliated withAdvanced Materials for Micro and NanoTechnology Group, Universidad Autónoma de Occidente Email author
- , M. L. FajardoAffiliated withAdvanced Materials for Micro and NanoTechnology Group, Universidad Autónoma de Occidente
- , L. E VinascoAffiliated withModeling and Operations Management Group, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
- , C. E GoyesAffiliated withCSMFO Group, CNR-IFN, Institute of Photonics and Nanotechnology
Tricalcium Phosphate cements are biocompatible, bioactive, bioabsorbable, osteoconductive, non-toxic materials that have chemical stability and a high mechanical strength, among others, and are used to fill bone deficiencies, resulting from trauma, tumors or abnormal development.
This thesis focuses on the study, development and characterization of bone filler based on Tricalcium Phosphate and Chitosan with Cellulose reinforcement. The objective is to obtain the best combination of materials to maximize the compressive strength of bone fill.
To carry out this research, statistical design of experiments was used. This tool was used to determine which combinations maximize the load resistance. To carry out the experiment, eight (8) samples of different treatments were made, each with six (6) replicates for a total of 48 samples. Each of the samples was characterized in terms of pH (ASTM D 6739), in mechanical terms (ASTM F 451) and the morphology by scanning electron microscopy (SEM).
For the analysis of data obtained in the compression test was used Minitab software. The statistical method used was the variance analysis, ANOVA, for a 24 factorial design, which studies the effect of four factors considered two levels each. The factors used were Chitosan, Cellulose, Tricalcium Phosphate and the rate at which the compression test was done. For each combination were taken into account two replicates.
At the end of the analysis, the results obtained show that there were needed high levels of Chitosan (5.0 g), low levels of Cellulose (1.5 g), high Tricalcium Phosphate levels (2.7 g) and a speed of 4.0 mm/min, so that the mechanical properties are optimized. It was also found that the material has an acid pH; and that the pores found in the best samples are not homogeneous and have a minimum size of 141.74 nm.
Palabras clavesBiomaterial Fosfato Tricálcico Quitosana Celulosa pH fisiológico Ensayo de Compresión SEM
- Obtención de un Relleno Óseo a Base de Fosfato Tricálcico y Quitosana con Refuerzo de Celulosa
- Book Title
- V Latin American Congress on Biomedical Engineering CLAIB 2011 May 16-21, 2011, Habana, Cuba
- Book Subtitle
- Sustainable Technologies for the Health of All
- pp 192-195
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- IFMBE Proceedings
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Fosfato Tricálcico
- pH fisiológico
- Ensayo de Compresión
- Industry Sectors
- Editor Affiliations
- ID1. Instituto Central de Investigación Digit
- ID2. Cubanacán, Playa, Centro de Neurociencias de Cuba
- ID3. , Departamento de Medicina Nuclear, Instituto de Oncología y Radiobiología
- ID4. Vedado, Plaza de la Revolución, Escuela Nacional de Salud Pública
- ID5. Hospital Nacional de Rehabilitación Juli
- ID6. , Infomed, Centro Nacional de Información de Cienci
- ID7. International Centre for Neurological Re
- ID8. International Centre for Neurological Re
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Advanced Materials for Micro and NanoTechnology Group, Universidad Autónoma de Occidente, Cali, Colombia
- 2. Modeling and Operations Management Group, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Cali, Colombia
- 3. CSMFO Group, CNR-IFN, Institute of Photonics and Nanotechnology, Povo, Trento, Italy
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.