Wireless Cyber Assets Discovery Visualization
- Kenneth ProleAffiliated withSecure Decisions division of Applied Visions, Inc.
- , John R. GoodallAffiliated withSecure Decisions division of Applied Visions, Inc.
- , Anita D. D’AmicoAffiliated withSecure Decisions division of Applied Visions, Inc.
- , Jason K. KopylecAffiliated withSecure Decisions division of Applied Visions, Inc.
As wireless networking has become near ubiquitous, the ability to discover, identify, and locate mobile cyber assets over time is becoming increasingly important to information security auditors, penetration testers, and network administrators. We describe a new prototype called MeerCAT (Mobile Cyber Asset Tracks) for visualizing wireless assets, including their location, security attributes, and relationships. This paper highlights our latest iteration of our prototype for visual analysis of wireless asset data, including user requirements and the various coordinated visualizations.
KeywordsVisual analytics wireless discovery wireless security coordinated views geographic visualization information visualization wardriving
- Wireless Cyber Assets Discovery Visualization
- Book Title
- Visualization for Computer Security
- Book Subtitle
- 5th International Workshop, VizSec 2008, Cambridge, MA, USA, September 15, 2008. Proceedings
- pp 136-143
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Visual analytics
- wireless discovery
- wireless security
- coordinated views
- geographic visualization
- information visualization
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.