Checking the TWIN Elevator System by Translating Object-Z to SMV
- Sören PreibuschAffiliated withGerman Institute for Economic Research
- , Florian KammüllerAffiliated withFakultät IV: Elektrotechnik und Informatik, Technische Universität Berlin
In the context of large scale industrial installations, model checking often fails to tap its full potential because of a missing link between a system’s specification and its functional and non-functional requirements, like safety. Our work bridges this gap by providing a translation from the formal specification language Object-Z to the SMV model checker input language to combine their advantages.
This paper focuses on the translation of the object-oriented features of Object-Z: operation promotion and communication between objects. We demonstrate the feasibility of our approach using the example of the TWIN Elevator system and embed the translation process in the industrial software production workflow.
- Checking the TWIN Elevator System by Translating Object-Z to SMV
- Book Title
- Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems
- Book Subtitle
- 12th International Workshop, FMICS 2007, Berlin, Germany, July 1-2, 2007, Revised Selected Papers
- pp 38-55
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.