Theory of the incomplete P ′ triplets
Most of the anomalous triplets above the limit of the normal series are stable if relativistic corrections are neglected. The presence of intrinsic magnetic moments produces a small instability that only in exceptional cases can have a quantitative importance. The necessary conditions for such a case to occur are satisfied by the component j=2 of the anomalous triplets of Zn, Cd and Hg. Experimentally the component 3 P 2 of these triplets seems absent or weak.
- Theory of the incomplete P′ triplets
- Book Title
- Ettore Majorana Scientific Papers
- Book Subtitle
- On occasion of the centenary of his birth
- pp 91-110
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- SIF, Bologna - Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.