A symmetric theory of electrons and positrons
It is shown that it is possible to achieve complete formal symmetrization in the electron and proton quantum theory by means of a new quantization process. The meaning of Dirac equations is somewhat modified and there is no longer any reason to speak of negative-energy states nor to assume, for any other types of particles, especially neutral ones, the existence of antiparticles, corresponding to the “holes” of negative energy.
- P. A. M. Dirac, “Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc.”, 30, 150 (1924). See also W. Heinsenberg, “Z. Physik”, 90, 209 (1934). CrossRef
- P. Jordan and E. Wigner, “Z. Physik”, 47, 631 (1928). CrossRef
- See G. Wick, “Rend. Accad. Lincei”, 21, 170 (1935).
- E. Fermi, “Rend. Accad. Lincei”, 9, 881 (1929).
- W. Heisenberg and W. Pauli, “Z. Physik”, 56, 1 (1929); 59, 168 (1930). CrossRef
- A symmetric theory of electrons and positrons
- Book Title
- Ettore Majorana Scientific Papers
- Book Subtitle
- On occasion of the centenary of his birth
- pp 201-233
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- SIF, Bologna - Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.