Optimization-Based Control of Multi-Vehicle Systems
- Rafael FierroAffiliated withMarhes Laboratory, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078
- , Kirk WesselowskiAffiliated withCenter for Information and Systems Engineering, Department of Manufacturing Engineering, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215
There are many applications where a team of mobile robots may be more suitable than a single vehicle, especially where a distributed system of sensors is advantageous. For example, in search-and-rescue operations, deployment of many robots over an area can allow for more thorough and faster coverage. Yet without coordinating the movement of the agents, any advantage of multirobot deployment may be lost and damaging collisions or interference may occur.
- Optimization-Based Control of Multi-Vehicle Systems
- Book Title
- Cooperative Control
- Book Subtitle
- A Post-Workshop Volume 2003 Block Island Workshop on Cooperative Control
- pp 63-78
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Control and Information Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Marhes Laboratory, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA.
- 2. Center for Information and Systems Engineering, Department of Manufacturing Engineering, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA.
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.