The Composite High-Rise Building—An Interaction of Planning, Structure, Speed, and Economy
- John G. Nutt
- … show all 1 hide
Important high-rise buildings are designed by a team of specialized professionals. The selection of a structural system requires knowledge of the appropriate factors of materials and construction together with an awareness of the requirements of architecture and services. As an example, this paper deals with composite construction — the mixed use of large scale steel and concrete units, and the combined use of both in individual elements. It shows how the designer addresses material properties and costs to advantage. Specific reference is made to buildings in the 50-story range. Future trends in the design and construction process are discussed.
- Allen, DE, Rainer, JH (1976) VIBRATION CRITERIA FOR LONG SPAN FLOORS.
- Alves, M, Berica, A (1984) CINFAB-AN INTEGRATED STRUCTURAL STEEL FABRICATION SYSTEM.
- Clawson, WC, Darwin, D (1982) STRENGTH OF COMPOSITE BEAMS AT WEB OPENINGS. Journal of the Structural Division of ACSE 108: pp. 623-641
- Firkins, A (1984) CITY BUILDINGS-THE STEEL SOLUTION. C1-Premier Ltd, Singapore
- Haryott, RB, Glover, MJ (1984) DEVELOPMENTS IN MULTI STOREY BUILDINGS. TRENDS IN THE DESIGN OF STEEL CONSTRUCTION.
- Mackenzie, IM (1980) THE CBA CENTRE, SYDNEY.
- Mackenzie, IM (1981) THE CBA CENTRE, SYDNEY.
- Nutt, JG, Haworth, DR (1976) CAPITAL TOWER. Ove Arup Partnerships, London
- Nutt, JG (1984) WIND AND THE DESIGN OF HIGH RISE BUILDINGS.
- Pascoe, GW (1984) STRUCTURAL STEEL FLOOR SYSTEMS.
- Taranath, BS (1982) COMPOSITE DESIGN OF FIRST CITY TOWER, HOUSTON, TEXAS.
- Thompson, RJ, Ainsworth, (1985) COMPOSITE BEAMS WITH WEB PENETRATIONS, GROSVENOR PLACE, SYDNEY.
- Thompson, RJ, O’Hea, RS, Bergin, RJ (1976) THE OCBC CENTRE SINGAPORE. Ove Arup Partnerships, London
- The Composite High-Rise Building—An Interaction of Planning, Structure, Speed, and Economy
- Book Title
- Second Century of the Skyscraper
- Book Subtitle
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- pp 339-351
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.