The Composite High-Rise Building—An Interaction of Planning, Structure, Speed, and Economy
- John G. Nutt
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Important high-rise buildings are designed by a team of specialized professionals. The selection of a structural system requires knowledge of the appropriate factors of materials and construction together with an awareness of the requirements of architecture and services. As an example, this paper deals with composite construction — the mixed use of large scale steel and concrete units, and the combined use of both in individual elements. It shows how the designer addresses material properties and costs to advantage. Specific reference is made to buildings in the 50-story range. Future trends in the design and construction process are discussed.
- Allen, D. E. and Rainer, J. H., 1976 VIBRATION CRITERIA FOR LONG SPAN FLOORS, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 2, June.
- Alves, M. and Berica, A., 1984 CINFAB-AN INTEGRATED STRUCTURAL STEEL FABRICATION SYSTEM, Seminar-Modern Structural Engineering, The Assn. Cons. Struct. Engrs. NSW, Sydney, Australia, August 15.
- Clawson, W. C. and Darwin D., 1982 STRENGTH OF COMPOSITE BEAMS AT WEB OPENINGS, Journal of the Structural Division of ACSE, Vol. 108, No. ST3, Paper No. 16939, March, pp. 623–641.
- Firkins, A., 1984 CITY BUILDINGS-THE STEEL SOLUTION, (Presented at International Conference on Steel Structures, Singapore, March 7–9), C1-Premier Ltd., Singapore.
- Haryott, R. B. and Glover, M. J., 1984 DEVELOPMENTS IN MULTI STOREY BUILDINGS. TRENDS IN THE DESIGN OF STEEL CONSTRUCTION, Nat. Struct. Steel Conference “New Developments in Steel Construction Part 1,” Br. Const. Steel Assn., London, December 11–12.
- Mackenzie, I. M., 1980 THE CBA CENTRE, SYDNEY, Steel Construction Journal Australia, Steel Const., Sydney, Vol. 14, No. 1.
- Mackenzie, I. M., 1981 THE CBA CENTRE, SYDNEY, The Arup Journal, London, Vol. 16, No. 4, December.
- Nutt, J. G. and Haworth, D. R., 1976 CAPITAL TOWER, The Arup Journal, No. 3, Vol. 11, October, Ove Arup Partnerships, London.
- Nutt, J. G., 1984 WIND AND THE DESIGN OF HIGH RISE BUILDINGS, Seminar-Modern Structural Engineering, The Association of Construction Engineers of NSW, Sydney, Australia, August 15.
- Pascoe, G. W., 1984 STRUCTURAL STEEL FLOOR SYSTEMS, Seminar-Floor Systems in Building Construction, Institute of Engineers, Australia, Victoria Branch, Melbourne, September 14.
- Taranath, B. S., 1982 COMPOSITE DESIGN OF FIRST CITY TOWER, HOUSTON, TEXAS, The Structural Engineer, London, Vol. 60A, No. 9, September.
- Thompson, R J. and Ainsworth, 1985 COMPOSITE BEAMS WITH WEB PENETRATIONS, GROSVENOR PLACE, SYDNEY (Third Conference on Steel Developments held in Melbourne, Australia, May 1985), Australian Institute of Steel Construction.
- Thompson, R J., O’Hea, R. S., Bergin, R. J., 1976 THE OCBC CENTRE SINGAPORE, The Arup Journal, Ove Arup Partnerships, London, No. 3, Vol. 11, October.
- The Composite High-Rise Building—An Interaction of Planning, Structure, Speed, and Economy
- Book Title
- Second Century of the Skyscraper
- Book Subtitle
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- pp 339-351
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.