Asymmetric Field Controlled Thyristors
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Fig. 9.1 shows the structure and doping profile Baliga, 1980 of an asymmetric field controlled thyristor (AFCT). To enable this device to conduct current between the anode and cathode terminals, a small positive bias (<1V) is applied between the gate and cathode terminals. The device then behaves like a forward biased P +-i-N diode between the anode and cathode terminals. An AFCT can operate at large current densities with a relatively small forward voltage drop because of a large concentration of excess carriers injected into the N - (drift) region Baliga, 1987.
- Asymmetric Field Controlled Thyristors
- Book Title
- Cryogenic Operation of Silicon Power Devices
- pp 105-115
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Subtitle
- Power Electronics and Power Systems
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.