History of Revegetation Studies in the California Deserts
- Burgess L. Kay
- , Walter L. Graves
Revegetation studies in the California deserts are relatively few and all were completed in recent years. They are apparently the result of recently increased public awareness of the environment and increased destructive activity in the desert ecosystem. This chapter outlines all known studies (except that discussed in Chapter 15) and discusses the problems involved in reestablishing vegetation. While none of these studies has involved ORV areas specifically, the problems appear to be the same.
- History of Revegetation Studies in the California Deserts
- Book Title
- Environmental Effects of Off-Road Vehicles
- Book Subtitle
- Impacts and Management in Arid Regions
- Book Part
- Part III
- pp 315-324
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Springer Series on Environmental Management
- Series ISSN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.