History of Revegetation Studies in the California Deserts
Revegetation studies in the California deserts are relatively few and all were completed in recent years. They are apparently the result of recently increased public awareness of the environment and increased destructive activity in the desert ecosystem. This chapter outlines all known studies (except that discussed in Chapter 15) and discusses the problems involved in reestablishing vegetation. While none of these studies has involved ORV areas specifically, the problems appear to be the same.
- Graves, WL, Kay, BL, Williams, WA (1975) Seed treatment of Mojave Desert shrubs. Agron. J. 67: pp. 773-777 CrossRef
- Graves, WL, Kay, BL, Williams, WA (1978) Revegetation of disturbed sites in the Mojave Desert with native shrubs. Calif. Agric. 32: pp. 4-5
- Kay, BL (1979) Summary of revegetation studies on the second Los Angeles Aqueduct. Dept. Agronomy and Range Science, University of California, Davis, California
- Kay, B. L., C. M. Ross, W. L. Graves, C. R. Brown, and J. A. Young. 1977. Mojave Revegetation Notes. (Twenty-one separate monographs of 2–10 pages each.) University of California, Dept. of Agronomy and Range Science, Davis, California.
- Packer, PE, Aldon, EF Revegetation techniques for dry regions. In: Stelly, M eds. (1978) Reclamation of Drastically Disturbed Lands. pp. 425-450
- Romney, EM, Wallace, A, Hunter, RB (1979) Revegetation Studies Pertinent to the Barstow 10 MWe Pilot Solar Thermal Power System and to Potential Power Plant Sites Elsewhere in the Mojave Desert.
- Smith, PD, Edell, J, Jurak, F, Young, J (1978) Rehabilitation of eastern Sierra Nevada roadsides. Calif. Agric. 32: pp. 4-5
- Stelly, M eds. (1978) Reclamation of Drastically Disturbed Lands.
- Thames, JL eds. (1977) Reclamation and use of disturbed land in the southwest. University of Arizona Press, Tucson, Arizona
- Vasek, FC, Johnson, HB, Eslinger, DH (1975) Effects of pipeline construction on creosote bush scrub vegetation of the Mojave Desert. Madrono 23: pp. 1-13
- Vasek, FC, Johnson, HB, Brum, GD (1975) Effects of power transmission lines on vegetation of the Mojave Desert. Madrono 23: pp. 114-130
- History of Revegetation Studies in the California Deserts
- Book Title
- Environmental Effects of Off-Road Vehicles
- Book Subtitle
- Impacts and Management in Arid Regions
- Book Part
- Part III
- pp 315-324
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Springer Series on Environmental Management
- Series ISSN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.