Introduction to Electrodeposition: Basic Terms and Fundamental Concepts
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Electrodeposition refers to a film growth process which consists in the formation of a metallic coating onto a base material occurring through the electrochemical reduction of metal ions from an electrolyte. The corresponding technology is often known as electroplating. Besides the production of metallic coatings, electrochemical metal reduction is also used for the extraction of metals starting from their ores (electrometallurgy) or for the reproduction of molds to form objects directly in their final shape (electroforming). In most cases, the metallic deposit thus obtained is crystalline; this process can therefore be called also electrocrystallization; this term was introduced by the Russian chemist V. Kistiakovski in the early twentieth century.
- Overbeek J.Z.G., Colloid Science, v. 1, Kruyt, ed., Elsevier,1952, pp. 115 – 193
- Bard A.J., Faulkner L.R., Electrochemical methods, Fundamentals and Applications. John Wiley & Sons, 2001
- Dolin P., Ershler B., Frumkin A., Acta Physicochimica URSS, 13, 779 (1940)
- J.O’M.Bockris, A.K.N.Reddy and M.Gamboa-Aldeco, “Modern Electrochemistry”, 2nd edition, Volume 2A, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 2000
- Vetter K.J. Elektrochemische Kinetik. Springer – Verlag, 1961, s. 177
- Jewett, R.P. (1973). Hydrogen Environment Embrittlement of Metals. NASA CR-2163.
- Hansen M., Anderko K. Constitution of binary Alloys. McGraw-Hill, 1958
- Hoar T.P., Trans. Inst. Metal Finishing, 1953, v. 29, p. 302
- Armyanov S., Sotirova G., Surface Technology, 1982, v. 17, p. 321, 1983, v. 20, p. 175
- Introduction to Electrodeposition: Basic Terms and Fundamental Concepts
- Book Title
- Theory and Practice of Metal Electrodeposition
- pp 1-25
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.