Boron Nutrition and Boron Application in Crops
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) is an important food legume and oilseeds crop of India grown in about 8 m ha land, the largest area in the world, but stand second in production due to its low productivity. Presently, the average productivity of groundnut, in India, is around 1300 kg ha-1 which is very low as compared to USA and China mainly because, the crop is mostly grown as rain fed in dry lands, under low fertility and low input management, often subject to the vagaries of the weather conditions. However, in recent years, combination of improved genotypes and nutrient management practices has increased the productivity.
- Chitdeshwari T. and Poongothai S., 2003 yield of groundnut and its nutrient uptake as influenced by Zinc, Boron and Sulphur. Agric. Sci. Digest.23(4): 263–266.
- Cox F.R. and Reid P.H., 1964 Calcium-boron nutrition as related to concealed damage in peanuts. Agron. J. 56: 173–176. CrossRef
- Golakiya B.A. and Patel M.S., 1986 Effect of Calcium carbonate and boron on yield of groundnut. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 56: 41–44.
- Goldberg S. and Forster H.S., 1991 Boron sorption on calcareous soils and reference calcite. Soil Sci. 152, 304–310. CrossRef
- Gopal N.N., 1968 Boron deficiency in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.) Indian J. Agric. Science 38: 832–834.
- Keerati-Kasikeran P. and Panya P., 1988a Effect of boron on yield of groundnut cultivar in Tainan 9. In proceedings of the 7th Thailand National Groundnut Meeting. Pattaya Chonburi Thailand pp. 384–389.
- Saxena H.K. and Mehrotra O.N., 1984 Effect of Boron and Molybdenum, in presence and absence of phosphorus and calcium on groundnut. Indian J. Agric. Res. 18(2): 91–94.
- Shanker M.A.G.N., Gajanana H.K., Mohan Kumar, Ramappa Jakkanur, Ravi M.V., and Roopadevi V.D., 2004 IFA International symposium on micronutrients. Effect of Zinc and Boron on growth, yield and quality of finger millet – groundnut based cropping system for Alfisols of Karnataka. Dryland Agriculture Project, UAS, India.
- Shorrock V.M., 1997 The occurrence and correction of boron deficiencies. Plant and Soil 193: 121–148. CrossRef
- Singh A.L., Joshi Y.C., Chaudhari V., and Zala P.V., 1990 Effect of different sources of iron and sulphur on leaf chlorosis, nutrient uptake and yield of groundnut. Fert. Res. 24: 85–96. CrossRef
- Singh A.L., Chaudhari V., and Koradia V.G., 1993 Spray schedules of multi- micronutrients to overcome chlorosis of groundnut. Indian J. Plant Physiol. 34: 35–39.
- Singh A.L., 1994 Micronutrient nutrition and crop productivity in groundnut. In Plant Productivity Under Environmental Stress (Eds. K. Singh and S.S. Purohit), pp. 67–72. Agro Botanical Publishers India, Bikaner, India.
- Singh A.L., 1999 Mineral Nutrition of Groundnut. In Advances in Plant Physiology (Ed. A. Hemantaranjan). pp. 161–200. Scientific Publishers (India) Jodhpur.
- Singh A.L. and Basu M.S., 2005 Integrated nutrient management in groundnut-a farmer’s manual. National Research center for groundnut (ICAR), Junagadh India p. 54.
- Singh A.L. and Chaudhari V., 1997 Sulphur and micronutrient nutrition of groundnut in calcareous soil J Agronomy and Crop Sci. 179: 107–114. CrossRef
- Singh A.L., Basu M.S., and Singh N.B., 2004 Mineral Disorders of Groundnut. National Research center for groundnut (ICAR), Junagadh, India p. 85.
- Sudharsan S. and Ramaswami P.P., 1993 Micronutrient Nutrition in Groundnut – Blackgram cropping system. Fertilizer News. 38(2): 53–55.
- Tripathy S.K., Patra A.K., and Sameri S.C., 1999 Effect of Micronutrients on nodulation, Growth, yield and nutrient uptake by groundnut. Indian J. Plant physicol.Vol. 4. 3: 207–209.
- Yermiyaho U., Keren R., and Chen Y., 1988 Boron sorption on composted organic matter. Soil Sci. Soc. Amer. Proc. 53, 1309–1313. CrossRef
- Boron Nutrition and Boron Application in Crops
- Book Title
- Advances in Plant and Animal Boron Nutrition
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on all Aspects of Plant and Animal Boron Nutrition
- Book Part
- Part I
- pp 149-162
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Huazhong Agricultural University
- 2. University of Bonn
- 3. University of California
- 4. Murdoch University
- 5. The University of Tokyo
- 6. USDA-ARS Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center
- 7. USDA-ARS George E. Brown, Jr., Salinity Laboratory
- 8. Huazhong Agricultural University
- Author Affiliations
- 9. National Research Centre for Groundnut, P. B. 5, Junagadh, 362 001, India
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.