Photocatalytic TiO2 Coatings
- T. Watanabe
- … show all 1 hide
Titanium dioxide is widely used as pigment for paint. Photo-induced reaction of titanium dioxide has been well known in the paint industry not for its application to self-cleaning, but because it causes decomposition of organic binders, which is problematic. The degradation of paint by photocatalysis of TiO2 is called chalking, and constitutes a serious problem in the development of durable industrial paints. In an effort to avoid chalking, TiO2 coated by an inert coating, such as SiO2 or A1203, has been developed, and low photoactivity TiO2 coated with inert coating is currently utilized as pigment for paint.
- Sopyan, I, Murusawa, S, Hashimoto, K, Fujishima, A (1994) Highly efficient TiO2 photocatalyst: degradation of gaseous aldehyde.
- T. Watanabe, M. Chikuni, A. Kitamura, E. Kojima, K. Hashimoto, A. Fujishima, Photocatalytic process for making surface hydrophilic and composite material having photocatalytically hydrophrophilic surface, PCT Int. Appl, W097/23572
- Hashimoto, RWK, Fujishima, A, Chikuni, M, Kojima, E, Kitamura, A, Shimohigoshi, M, Watanabe, T (1997) Light-induced amphiphilic surfaces. Nature 388: pp. 431 CrossRef
- Wang, R, Hashimoto, KH, Fujishima, A, Chikuni, M, Kojima, E, Kitamura, A, Shimohigoshi, M, Watanabe, T (1998) Photogeneration of highly amphiphilic TiO2 surfaces, Adv. Mater. 10: pp. 135
- Nakajima, A, Koizumi, S, Watanabe, T, Hashimoto, K (2000) Photoinduced Amphiphilic Surface on Polycrystalline Anatase TiO2 Thin Films. Langmuir 16: pp. 7048 CrossRef
- Fujishima, A, HHashimoto, K, Watanabe, T (1999) TiO2 Photocatalysis Fundamentals and Applications.
- Donald, AK, Watanabe, T, Hashimoto, K, Fujishima, A (2001) Titanium dioxide coatings on window glass-Self Cleaning Glass, an update, Internat. Glass Rev. 2: pp. 34
- Fujishima, A, Tryk, DA, Watanabe, T, Hashimoto, K (1998) Self-Cleaning Glass. Int.Glass Review 2: pp. 114
- Watanabe, T, Kojima, E, Norimoto, K, Saeki, M Fabrication of TiO2 Photocatalytic Tile and its practical Application. In: Floor, C, Tiles, W, Palmonari, C eds. (1995) Gruppo Editoriale Faenza Editrice. pp. 175
- Takami, K, Nakajima, A, Hashimoto, K, Watanabe, T (2000) Dependence of Structure on the Process Condition of the Self-organized Inorganic/Organic Graded Thin Films Utilizing Polymer Adsorption, Organic-Inorganic Hybrids, June. University of Surrey, Guilford/UK
- Photocatalytic TiO2 Coatings
- Book Title
- Sol-Gel Technologies for Glass Producers and Users
- Book Part
- pp 295-302
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.