Going, Going, Gone: Underwater Cultural Resources in Decline
- Donald H. KeithAffiliated withKeith Ships of Discovery Email author
- , Toni L. CarrellAffiliated withKeith Ships of Discovery
Seen from the vastness of space, Earth is a pale blue planet with high white clouds and water covering nearly three-quarters of its surface. Global civilizations emerged on the margins of its vast seas. Watercraft allowed humankind to explore the earth and played a major part in the rise and fall of great empires. Underwater archaeological sites reflect the diversity of human cultures and endeavors, as well as the earth’s environments.
- Going, Going, Gone: Underwater Cultural Resources in Decline
- Book Title
- International Handbook of Historical Archaeology
- pp 105-139
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.