Generating parallel code from equations in the ObjectMath programming environments
- Peter FritzsonAffiliated withDepartment of Computer and Information Science, Linköping University
- , Niclas AnderssonAffiliated withDepartment of Computer and Information Science, Linköping University
For a long time efficient use of massively parallel computers has been hindered by dependencies introduced in software through low-level implementation practice. This paper presents a programming environment and language called ObjectMath (Object oriented Mathematical language for scientific computing), which aims at eliminating this problem by allowing the user to represent mathematical equational models directly in the system. The system performs dependency analysis of equations to extract parallelism and automatically generates parallel code for numerical solution.
The system is currently being used for industrial applications in advanced mechanical analysis, but is generally applicable to other areas. Using ObjectMath, it is possible to model classes of equation objects, to support inheritance of equations, and to solve systems of equations.
- Generating parallel code from equations in the ObjectMath programming environments
- Book Title
- Parallel Computation
- Book Subtitle
- Second International ACPC Conference Gmunden, Austria, October 4–6, 1993 Proceedings
- pp 219-232
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.