A compiler with scheduling for a specialized synchronous multiprocessor system
- Petr KrohaAffiliated withDepartment of Computers, Technical University Praque
- , Peter FritzsonAffiliated withDepartment of Computer and Information Science, Linköping University
This paper presents an algorithm for scheduling parallel activities in a specialized synchronous multiprocessor system. The algorithm is being implemented as a part of a cross-compiler for an extended parallel Single Instruction Computer (SIC). A SIC machine may contain multiple arithmetic processors, each associated with certain addresses in the address space.
The scheduling cross-compiler initially derives a schedule including information about the number and types of processors necessary for the highest possible degree of parallelism for the code in each basic block. If too few arithmetic processors are available, a schedule for a smaller number of processors can be generated. Code generation and scheduling is presented for a one page program example in Pascal. For this example, a speedup of a factor of seven was obtained for the multiprocessor system, compared to the Intel 80286 processor, and assuming the same clock cycle time.
- A compiler with scheduling for a specialized synchronous multiprocessor system
- Book Title
- Compiler Compilers
- Book Subtitle
- Third International Workshop, CC '90 Schwerin, FRG, October 22–24, 1990 Proceedings
- pp 132-146
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.