Incremental symbol processing
- Peter FritzsonAffiliated withDepartment of Computer and Information Science, Linköping University
This paper introduces a novel entity-relational model for incremental symbol processing. This model forms the basis for the generation of efficient symbol processing mechanisms from high-level declarative specifications and query expressions, using program transformation techniques such as data type refinement.
The model is conceptually simple, but powerful enough to model languages of the complexity of Ada. The new model is compared to earlier, more restricted, incremental hierarchical symbol table models. The differences between symbol processing in conventional compilers and incremental symbol processing are also discussed.
- Incremental symbol processing
- Book Title
- Compiler Compilers and High Speed Compilation
- Book Subtitle
- 2nd CCHSC Workshop Berlin, GDR, October 10–14, 1988 Proceedings
- pp 11-38
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.