Sharing Resource-Sensitive Knowledge Using Combinator Logics
- Marcelo FingerAffiliated withInstituto de Matemática e Estatística, Universidade de São Paulo
- , Wamberto VasconcelosAffiliated withInstitut für Informatik, Universität Zürich
Research on ontologies has been pursued as a solution to the difficult problem of knowledge sharing. Ontologies consist of a do- main description which suits the needs of all systems to be integrated. Any agreed ontology, however, is not the end of the problems involved in knowledge sharing since how we represent knowledge is intimately linked to the inferences we expect to perform with it. Knowledge sharing can- not ignore the similarities and differences between the inference engines participating in the information exchange. We illustrate this issue via a case study on resource-sensitive knowledge-based systems and we show how these can efficiently share their knowledge using combinator logics.
KeywordsKnowledge sharing resource-sensitive logics.
- Sharing Resource-Sensitive Knowledge Using Combinator Logics
- Book Title
- Advances in Artificial Intelligence
- Book Subtitle
- International Joint Conference 7th Ibero-American Conference on AI 15th Brazilian Symposium on AI IBERAMIA-SBIA 2000 Atibaia, SP, Brazil, November 19–22, 2000 Proceedings
- pp 196-206
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Knowledge sharing
- resource-sensitive logics.
- Industry Sectors
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Department of Computer Science and Statistics Computational Intelligence Laboratory, University of São Paulo
- 2. Computer Engineering Department Intelligent Techniques Laboratory, University of São Paulo
- Author Affiliations
- 5. Instituto de Matemática e Estatística, Universidade de São Paulo, Rua do Matão, 1010, 05315-970, São Paulo, Brazil
- 6. Institut für Informatik, Universität Zürich, Winterthurerstr., 190, CH 8057, Zürich, Switzerland
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.