Estimation of Ease Allowance of a Garment using Fuzzy Logic
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The ease allowance is an important criterion in garment sales. It is often taken into account in the process of construction of garment patterns. However, the existing pattern generation methods can not provide a suitable estimation of ease allowance, which is strongly related to wearer’s body shapes and movements and used fabrics. They can only produce 2D patterns for a fixed standard value of ease allowance. In this chapter, we propose a new method of estimating ease allowance of a garment using fuzzy logic and sensory evaluation. Based on these values of ease allowance, we develop a new method of automatic pattern generation, permitting to improve the wearer’s fitting perception of a garment. The effectiveness of our method has been validated in the design of trousers of jean type. It can also be applied for designing other types of garment.
- C.A. Crawford, The Art of Fashion Draping, 2nd Edition, Fairchild Publications, New York (1996).
- W. Aldrich, Metric Pattern Cutting for Men’s Wear, 3rd Edition, Blackwell Science Ltd, Cambridge (1997).
- R. Ng, Computer Modeling for Garment Pattern Design, Ph.D. Thesis, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (1998).
- K. Fukunaga, Introduction to Statistical Pattern Recognition, 2nd ed. San Diego, CA: Academic (1990).
- E.H. Mamdani and S. Assilian, An experiment in linguistic synthesis with a fuzzy logic controller, Int. J. of Man-Machine Studies, 7, 1–13 (1975). CrossRef
- J.C. Bezdek, Pattern recognition with fuzzy objective function algorithms, Plenum Press (1981).
- P.T. Chan and A.B. Rad, Antecedent validity adaptation principle for fuzzy systems tuning, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 131, pp.153–163 (2002). CrossRef
- L.X. Wang and J.M. Mendel, Generating fuzzy rules by learning from examples, IEEE Trans. on SMC, vol.22, no.6, pp.1414–1427 (1992).
- Estimation of Ease Allowance of a Garment using Fuzzy Logic
- Book Title
- Fuzzy Applications in Industrial Engineering
- Book Part
- pp 367-379
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 2. Industrial Department of Engineering Faculty Management, Istanbul Technical University
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts & Industries Textiles, 9 rue de l’Ermitage, Roubaix, 59100, France
- 4. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.