A One Point Shock Capturing Kinetic Scheme for Hyperbolic Conservation Laws
Purchase on Springer.com
$29.95 / €24.95 / £19.95*
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
5 Concluding Remarks
We have presented a new low dissipative kinetic scheme based on a modified Courant Splitting of the molecular velocity through a parameter φ. Conditions for the split fluxes derived based on equilibrium determine φ for a one point shock. It turns out that φ is a function of the Left and Right states to the shock and that these states should satisfy the Rankine-Hugoniot Jump condition. Hence φ is utilized in regions where the gradients are sufficiently high, and is switched to unity in smooth regions. Numerical results confirm a discrete shock structure with a single interior point when the shock is aligned with the grid.
- Mandal, J.C and Deshpande, S.M, Kinetic Upwind methods for Inviscid Compressible Flows, Computers and Fluids, 23, 2,447–478, (1993).
- Deshpande S M, Kinetic Flux Splitting schemes, Computational Fluid Dynamics Review (1995), John Wiley and Sons. pp. 161.
- Antony Jameson. Analysis and Design of Numerical Schemes foir Gas Dynamics 2 Artificial Discussion and Discrete Shock structure, International Journal of Computational Fluid Dynamics, Vol 5 pp1–38, (1995).
- Roe, P.L Approximate Riemann solvers, Parameter Vectors, and Finite Difference Schemes, Journal of Computational Physics, Vol.43, p.357, (1981). CrossRef
- S.V. Raghurama Rao and K. Balakrishna, An Accurate Shock Capturing Algorithm with a Relaxation system for Hyperbolic Conservation Laws. AIAA-2003-4115 (2003).
- A One Point Shock Capturing Kinetic Scheme for Hyperbolic Conservation Laws
- Book Title
- Computational Fluid Dynamics 2004
- Book Subtitle
- Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics, ICCFD3, Toronto, 12–16 July 2004
- Book Part
- Part XIX
- pp 779-784
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.